Definitions: This Avanza Innovations IT Solutions LLC (“Avanza”) End-User Software License Agreement (EUSLA) is a legal agreement between customer and Avanza, for a product which includes computer software, and may include associated media, printed materials, and online or electronic documentation viz. CIPHER – Blockchain Orchestration engine hereby termed SOFTWARE. By exercising rights to install the SOFTWARE, the customer agrees to be bound by the terms of this EUSLA, including the limitations and warranty disclaimers.
TERMS OF SOFTWARE PRODUCT LICENSE
- Customer is granted a non-transferable license to install the SOFTWARE on a single production environment (to be mutually decided by customer and Avanza). Customer is also permitted to use the same license for another non-production staging server environment including Disaster recovery, Development and UAT.
- For All Licenses: Regardless of the type of license purchased, if the SOFTWARE includes reusable software such as controls, components, plug-ins, style sheets, etc. customer may not use any of these independently of the SOFTWARE.
- In no case shall customer rent, lease, lend, redistribute nor re-license THE SOFTWARE to a third party individual or entity, except as outlined above. The customer shall not grant further redistribution rights for THE SOFTWARE to the end-users of customer's solution.
Termination: Without prejudice to any other rights, Avanza may terminate this EUSLA if CUSTOMER fails to comply with the terms and conditions of this EUSLA. In such event, CUSTOMER must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE and all of its component parts, source code associated documentation and related materials.
Avanza expressly disclaims any warranty for the SOFTWARE beyond 3 MONTHS from the date of acceptance of the same by the CUSTOMER. The SOFTWARE and any related documentation is provided "as is" with warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without Iimitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement only up to the period as mentioned above.
In no event shall either party be liable to the other for:
1) Any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages; or
2) Any damages for lost profits, interruption of business, fines, loss of technology, or lost data, however arising, whether under theories of contract. TORT (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise even if such party has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Each party's total cumulative liability under this agreement shall be limited to the aggregate amount actually paid by CUSTOMER to Avanza under this agreement.
Upon the discovery of any prima-facie evidence of infringement of copyrights or other intellectual property with respect to any unit of software, methodology or documentation supplied by Avanza, Avanza shall at its sole expense procure for the CUSTOMER the right to continue using the same, modify or replace the infringing item with one of equal functionality and performance so as to avoid such infringement. In addition, Avanza shall keep CUSTOMER, both during and after the term of this Agreement, fully and effectively indemnified on a full indemnity basis against all losses, damages, expenses, actions, proceedings, costs and claims, including, but not limited to, legal fees and expenses suffered by CUSTOMER as a result of any infringement claims raised by a third party.